|Thank you for your interest in Sonoma Country Day School! We invite you to discover the depth and breadth of our program, the energy of our student life, and the active involvement of our families. We offer a truly independent educational program that combines the highest standards of academic excellence, an emphasis on the arts, athletics, and character education, all in a warm and caring environment. |
We are committed to enrolling students who demonstrate the capacity and motivation to reflect the core values of the school: engagement, integrity, relationship, creativity, and contribution, as well as students who will participate fully in both our academic and non-academic programs. We actively seek to reflect the diversity of the area in which we live. We admit students and families of any race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, socioeconomic group, or ethnic origin.
Our application process is designed to help you get to know us, and for us to get to know you. Choosing a school for your family is a huge decision and we are here to help you in any way that we can.
The best way to get to know our school is to come for a visit. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Director of Admission and Secondary School Counseling
- 278 students - grades K-8
- 18 students - average class size
- 1:8 - full-time teacher/student ratio
- 800+ alumni
- 32 faculty members
- 9 years - average faculty tenure at SCDS
- 35% - families receiving tuition assistance grants
- 31 year history - founded 1983
- 19 acre campus
- 774 seat theatre
- Full size gymnasium, playing fields, garden
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)